Saturday, March 2, 2013

Louise Reidel Memorial August 2012


Thought I would post a few pics from my 2012 ride season.  I haven't quite gotten the knack of keeping up with this blog and riding my horses and working! :)  Anyone with tips, please share.

Louise Reidel Memorial Ride - Arkdale, WI. This ride is held at Ukarydee Horse Campground in Arkdale, WI.  This is a wonderful campground - friendly management, great layout and almost every camping site has a pipe corral to contain your horse(s).   There are miles of trail that wind by the Wisconsin River.  Trails are flat, mostly sand packed, with a bit of gravel road riding.  I have ridden these trails barefoot.
Here's a link to the campground. http://horsecampukarydee.com/

El and I had a wonderful day.  The weather was just about as perfect as it can get for endurance riding - low 70s. 
El felt fantastic and since we were riding alone, I decided to push him a bit faster.  Within a few miles, I wasn't enjoying myself anymore.  Why? I asked myself was I hurrying along?  It was a gorgeous day, El was happy, I was ecstatic.   What's the rush?  There is always going to be a horse in front of us.  Lesson learned.  Enjoy the ride.  :)
For those inquiring minds, we finished in 7 hours and change.  Fastest 50 for him.  It was nice to be done early enough to shower and nap before dinner, but what's the rush?  Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment