Monday, April 25, 2011

New Boots!

I have been using Easyboots since I began competing in endurance riding in 2005. Mainly, I have used the basic Easyboot.
These boots worked really well for Bert.  The only alteration I made was the addition of duct tape to the sides to ensure that his walls weren't scuffed up from the repeated use.




When I began competing/conditioning El in 2009, I noticed that the Easyboots didn't seem to be working as well for him.  What I meant by not working is - I spent more time looking for and picking boots up on the trail than I spent riding the trail! :(  I played around with different sizes and finally came to the realization that perhaps he needed a different type of boot.  To be truthful, I experimented with Renegade boots.  I had a very scary experience with Renegades while on vacation down in the Shawnee.  I will write more about that later.  Let it be said, that for me, Renegades are not a safe booting alternative.
The Great Boot Search for El continued in 2010.  I began using Easyboot Epics on him and this seemed to be a good alternative.  The addition of the gaiter really seemed to stabilize the boots.


 The Epics stayed on but I still had issues on a deep, single track trail.  El would get interference dings from the hardware on the Epics.  Okay, more searching. 
  Aha! Easyboot Gloves! These boots fulfill all my requirements for a perfect boot - lightweight, little to no hardware, easy to fit, and they stay on!!
I love, love, love these boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment